Sounds like quite the oxymoron does it not? Well here is our case, responsible fun really is a thing! It’s possible to kick back with your larger, cider or chiShake-shake, have fun and stay safe. So how do you juggle these two extreme opposites?
Glad you asked! We have taken the liberty of listing down some options for you, an early Christmas gift if you will, and a timely one at that! Here are ways to drink off the night in a responsible manner;
- Always make sure that you are enjoying our beer lawfully. We do not condone underage drinking (based on the legal age in your respective state and city), drinking in public, or drinking while driving. Please make sure to always abide by your local laws.
- Don’t rush it, savour each sip. Instead of drinking simply for the quantity slow down a bit to savour the flavour, enjoy your glass or bottle, and at the same time reduce the risk of overconsumption and the aftermaths that follow.
- Everyone has a limit, get to know yours. This is not a race with death nor is it a challenge against your limits. Observe from past experiences to gauge how far is too far for you, if you have unpleasant past experiences let those guide you on your limits.
- Transport planning should never be an afterthought but your transport should be brought to the head of your priorities when planning a night out. A starting point can be to assign a designated driver amongst your group of friends you go out with. Making transport plans at the end of the night when you are intoxicated is not the safest option for you and there are so many ways through which that narrative can end, most of which being unpleasant.
- Keep count, it may sound like this defeats the purpose of the fun but remember what we said about knowing your limits? This is one of the ways you can monitor yourself and end the night safely.
- Don’t be a bad influence. It is easy to single out that one friend who isn’t drinking on that night out with the crew. If they decline the first time you offer them don’t pressure them into taking the alcohol. Respect their decision because you do not know what inspired it.
Delta will always be there to help you have a good time but we urge you to do so safely as we appreciate you and care that during this festive season you keep a celebratory spirit uninterrupted by any casualties that follow closely behind overconsumption. Live to enjoy many more beers and good company and #DrinkResponsibly.