Delta Corporation Limited, Corporate Affairs Executive
The harmful consumption of alcohol is bad for our consumers, our employees, our families, our communities and our business. To shift harmful drinking behaviours, we are taking steps to shift social norms and behaviours around harmful use of alcohol and ensure every experience with beer is a positive one.
“Beer has been a part of cultures around the world for thousands of years, and at Delta Corporation we believe that every experience with beer should be a positive one. While we have made some progress, we know this is not yet the case. We are focusing on moving beyond awareness–raising to driving real change in our company and the communities in which we live and work through evidence-based interventions.”
1.1.1 Contributing to the Reduction of the Harmful Use of Alcohol
We are committed to helping advance the World Health Organisation’s target to reduce the harmful use of alcohol by 10% by 2025. Simultaneously, we aim to contribute to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals of strengthening the prevention and treatment of harmful alcohol use and enhancing worldwide partnerships.
We have established our Smart Drinking Goals to contribute to the reduction of harmful use of alcohol nationally. These goals are intended to serve as a laboratory for identifying, testing and implementing evidence-based programs that are independently evaluated.
But we cannot do it all on our own. We are working collaboratively with partners (ZABMA, TSCZ, ZIMPACT) and listening to those with ideas on how we can accelerate and implement effective solutions across the country.
1.1.2 Our Smart Drinking Beliefs
We are a regional company, brewing beers and building brands that will continue to bring people together for a better world for the next 100 years and beyond. This relies on thriving communities across the region where harmful drinking no longer presents a social challenge. Our Smart Drinking commitments, and the beliefs that underpin them, will help make this vision a reality.
- We believe that harmful consumption of alcohol is bad for our consumers, our colleagues, our families, our communities, and our business……And that means, we take seriously our responsibility to help reduce and prevent the harmful use of alcohol across the region.
- We believe in and share the WHO and UN Sustainable Development Goals’ ambition to reduce the harmful use of alcohol by 10% by 2025…… And that means, we have set ambitious Smart Drinking Goals for ourselves.
- We believe that providing consumers with high-quality Low-Alcohol beers can play an important role in reducing harmful consumption…And that means we are developing marketing strategies that will give consumers choices and support better patterns of alcohol consumption.
- We believe when you drive you should never drink…And that means, we fully support all targeted legislation and enforcement measures that have been shown to reduce impaired driving, including strict mandatory BAC limits in every country.
- We believe in helping consumers understand why and how alcohol should be consumed within limits…And that means, we are working with partners to develop and implement evidence-based means of increasing alcohol literacy among consumers.
- We believe the way we market our products matters and must be responsible…And that means, we work hard to ensure our marketing does not target underage consumers, reflects good taste and decency, and does not idealize harmful alcohol consumption or behaviours.
- We believe that our products are not to be consumed by under-aged drinkers…… And that means, we promote, support and implement programs, public policies and campaigns to prevent, discourage, and reduce underage drinking.
- We believe there is more work to do and that we don’t have all the answers…… And that means, we collaborate with public health experts, governments and other partners who are willing to work with us and listen to those with ideas for how we can accelerate or improve our progress.
- We commit to deliver positive change in the communities that we operate in.
Overview of Delta Corporation
Notice to Editors
Delta Corporation is involved in the brewing of lager and traditional beer and the bottling of soft drinks under license from the Coca Cola Company under the Delta Beverages Company. Delta Beverages a division of Delta Corporation is the country’s leading brewer with more than 15 beer brands and some 4,000+ employees across the country.
The group’s portfolio includes Castle, Chibuku, Chibuku Super, Castle Lite, Redd’s and Castle Milk Stout as well as leading local brands such as Golden Pilsener and Zambezi. It operates one of the largest distribution networks of depots and delivery fleets in Zimbabwe.
The Company is involved in wines and spirits through its subsidiary African distillers. The Company has a significant interest in Schweppes Zimbabwe which manufactures still and juice drinks under the Coca- Cola franchise.
Patricia Murambinda (DELTA CORPORATION, Corporate Affairs Executive)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org